The Most Common Types of Humidors
In their most basic definition, humidors may be defined as any type of enclosed environment that provides the ideal ranges of temperature and relative humidity for storing and aging cigars. There are numerous different types and sizes of humidors to choose from. Familiarizing yourself with the different types of available humidors will assist you in choosing the one that will most adequately suit your needs. Here is a list of the most common types of humidors that you will run into!
- Room Humidors – As the name indicates, these humidors usually encompass entire rooms or floors of businesses. They are most commonly found in tobacconist shops, hotels, or bars.
- Cabinet Humidors – Cabinet humidors are also commonly referred humidor furniture. They can assume the form of end tables, cabinets, or coffee tables. Cabinet humidors can generally hold between 1,000-5,000 cigars.
- Table Humidors – Although they are portable in theory, table humidors are actually quite heavy. Table humidors are capable of holding between several hundred and several thousand cigars. The majority of table humidors feature glass tops.
- Personal Humidors – Personal humidors are also commonly called desktop humidors. These humidors are generally capable of holding between 50-100 cigars. Most desktop humidors are used for personal storage or special events.
- Travel Humidors – As the name describes, these humidors are designed to allow you to travel safely with your cigars without compromising their integrity. Most travel humidors are designed to hold between 5-20 cigars.
Knowing the different types of humidors is half the battle of selecting the right one. Do not be afraid to ask for assistance from other, more experienced cigar smokers when it comes to selecting the right type of humidor. The right types of humidors will be an investment that will serve you for the rest of your life.
Incoming search terms:
- humidor humidifier
- different types of humidors
This post was posted in Humidors