How to Raise the Humidity Levels of Your Humidors
There are a number of reasons why the humidity levels of your humidors can fall. From the cold of the winter months to a hygrometer that needs calibrating, it is more common of a problem than you might think. If you are having these problems with your humidors, here are a few measures you can take to make sure that your cigars are well protected!
- If you are using an analog hygrometer, try calibrating your hygrometer according to the salt solution method. Additionally, make sure that the humidifiers of your humidors are filled with the right amount of propylene glycol solution, and make sure that the interiors of your humidors have been properly seasoned.
- Try refilling your humidor’s humidifier with distilled water and see if this solves the problem.
- If the problems with the humidity levels of your humidors are occurring after a long time of use, then it may be time for you to replace your humidifiers. If so, then you might want to consider investing in an electronic humidifier. It is the common consensus among cigar experts that these are the most accurate types of humidifiers.
- If you are hesitant to replace your humidifier altogether, then consider investing in Boveda Humidity Packs. These inexpensive packs come with different relative humidity settings. To use them, all you have to do is open the pack and place it in your humidors. The packs will release and absorb moisture as needed to maintain the relative humidity settings they are programmed for.
- Another option you will have, instead of replacing your humidifier, is to use Crystal Gel Humidifier Jars. These jars are designed to keep the RH levels of your humidors at 70%. As they lose moisture, they shrink so your customers know when it’s time to refill. They are effective, reliable, and inexpensive to use.
- Try moving your humidor’s location. This sounds deceptively simple, but if your humidor is in a location where it is being exposed to direct sunlight or heating or cooling vents, then it can affect you a humidifier’s ability to do its job properly.
If you do opt to use either Boveda Humidity Packs or Crystal Gel Humidifier Jars, make sure to read each one’s sizing chart to make sure that you purchase the right quantity or size for your humidors. Deviations of a few percentage points of 70% should not be of major concern, but if your humidors are acting up, then you may need to try out the aforementioned suggestions.
Incoming search terms:
- how to raise humidity in humidor
- how to raise the humidity in my humidor